Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas in the bush


I have had another quiet week in terms of research, as it was Christmas. Jennifer went across and stayed at Dog Camp so that she could go out with the researchers there and see carnivores.

I did some office work and had a bit of a break. On Christmas Eve the HQ posse drove across to Dog Camp to sing Christmas carols. Unfortunately they were mostly asleep by the time we made it across, although we did see a civet on the way. We woke some of them up and spread Christmas cheer.

On Christmas day I chatted to my parents for a while and had a lovely brunch with Keren and Duncan. I then headed out to the Gomoti, where Dog Camp were having a braai. I spent a couple of hours with them by the river, before coming back to camp around sunset to help prepare a beautiful roast dinner. It was a lovely Christmas altogether, and I can only hope that those of you who celebrate it enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment