Monday, September 8, 2008

Stuck on the Gomoti


It has been a little while since I added a blog. My parents came to visit and we had a lovely few days on mobile safari, with some really good wildlife sightings. It was lovely to have them out and show them where I work.

One of my collared cows, Bianca, that was seen on the Gomoti before I got back to HQ crossed back to the Santantadibe, but Shavaughn and I were able to collect some vegetation samples that they used on our side before they left. We sampled 9 sites in a morning, with a little off-road island hop to get to the last two, past some black herons using their wings to create shade and attract fish. The crossing we used was a bit sticky and I correctly predicted that we would get stuck on the way back. This was Shavaughn's first experience at getting stuck, but she started digging with gusto and we had gotten one wheel onto a rack when one of the local game drive vehicles drove past on their way to turn the water pump off. On their way back they came over and without a word other than Hello, they towed us out, which was much appreciated, although we would of course have done it ourselves with a bit more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment